NATIONAL MANAGEMENT COLLEGE, THUDUPATHI.
PAPER – 3: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS, LOGICAL REASONING AND STATISTICS
MONTHLY TEST 7
Time Allowed : 1 hour Maximum Marks: 50
DATE – 23.02.23
1) . Gopal started walking 2km straight from his school. Then he turned right and walks 1km. Again he turned right and walked 1km to reach his house. If his house is south-east from his school, then in which direction did Gopal start walking from the school?A) East B) West C) South D) North
2) . Five boys A , B, C, F, E, are sitting in a park in a circle. A facing South-west, D is facing South-east, B and E are right opposite A and D respectively and C is equidistant between D and B. Which direction is C facing?
- A) West B) South C) North D) East
3) A child goes 50 meter towards South and then turning to his right, he goes 50 meter. Then, turning to his left, he goes 30 meter. Again he turns to his left and goes 50 meter. How far is he from his initial position?
(a) 30 m (b) 40 m (c) 50 m (d) 80 m
4) If A×B means A is to the south of B: A+B means A is to the north of B; A%B means A is to the east of B ; A –B means A is to the west of B ; then in P % Q + R- S, S is in which direction with repect to Q ?
- a) south east b) north east c) north west d) south west
5) one morning after sunrise Nivedita and Niharika were talking to each other face to face at Dalphin crossing. If Niharika”s Shadow was exactly to the right of nivedita, which direction Niharika was facing ?
a)North b) south c) East d)west
6) A man is facing west. He turns 45 degree in the clockwise direction and then another 180 degree in the same direction and then 270 degree in the anticlockwise direction. Find which direction he is facing now ?
- a) South-West b)West c)South d)East-South
7) Sidhu, Chinu, Partha, Verma, Nitish, Keshab, Amit and Rashmi are sitting around a circle facing the centre. Nitish is third to the right of Amit who is not an immediate neighbor of either Partha or Rashmi. Partha is second to the left of Rashmi who is third to the left of Sidhu. Chinu is fourth to the right of Rashmi.
What is Sidhu position with respect to Keshab?
- a) second to the right b) fifth to the right
- c) fourth to the right d) second to the left
8) Read the following information carefully to answer the given questions. Six people P, Q, R, S, T and U are sitting on the ground in a hexagonal shape.
All the sides of the hexagon, so formed are of same length.
I . P is not adjacent to Q or R.
- S is not adjacent to R or T.
III.Q and R are adjacent.
IV . U is in the middle of S and R.
Who is at the same distance from S as T is from S?
a)Q b)R c)S d)U
9) In a gathering seven members are sitting in a row. ‘C’ is sitting left to ‘B’ but on the right to ‘D’. ‘A’ is sitting right to ‘B’. ‘F’ is sitting right to ‘E’ but left to ‘D’. ‘H’ is sitting left to ‘E’. Find the person sitting in the middle.
- a) C b) D c) E d) F
10) Read the following information to answer the given questions:
- Pepper Potts, Hulk, Ironman, Hawkeye, Thor, Loki and Black Widow are sitting in a circle.
- Pepper Potts, Hulk, Ironman, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow are sitting at equal distances from each other.
- Ironman is sitting two places right of Loki, who is sitting one place right of Hawkeye.
- Pepper Potts forms an angle of 90° from Thor and an angle of 120° from Hulk.
- Hulk is just opposite Black Widow and is sitting on the left of Thor.
The angle between Thor and Hulk in the clockwise direction is?
a)150° b) 180° c) 210° d) None of these
11)If red is coded as 6720 then green would be coded as
(a) 9207716 (b) 167129 (c) 1677209 (d) 1672091
12) Find the odd man out
(a) January (b) April (c) July (d) October
13) In a certain code language “ EXAM” is coded as 39 “ PAPER” is coded at 51 then PASS is coded as
(a) 39 (b) 47 (c) 489 (d) 51
14) Find the odd man out of the series 5, 10, 17, 25
(a) 5 (b) 10 (c) 17 (d) 25
15) Mohan Starts from Point A and walks 1 km towards south, turns left and walks 1 km. Then he turns again and walks 1 km. Now he is facing
(a) East (b) West (c) North (d) South-West
16) 10, 18, 28, 40, 54,?, 88
(a) 70 (b) 86 (c) 87 (d) 98
17) Arun Started from Point A and walked 10 kms East to Point B, then turned to North and walked 3 kms to point C and then turned West and walked 12 kms to point D, then again turned South and walked 3 kms to point E. In which direction is he from his starting point?
(a) East (b) South (c) West (d) North
18) I stand with my right hand extended side-ways towards South. Towards which direction will my back be?
(a) North (b) West (c) East (d) South
19) In a certain language MADRAS is coded as NBESBT, how BOMBAY is coded in that language?
(a) CPNCBX (b) CPNCBZ (c) CPOCBZ (d) CQOCBZ
20) 18, 24, 21, 27,?, 30, 27
(a) 33 (b) 30 (c) 24 (d) 21
21) If F = 6, MAT = 34, then how much is CAR?
(a) 21 (b) 22 (c) 25 (d) 28
22)If in a certain language NAME is written as 4258 then what is coded as MEAN?
(a) 2458 (b) 5842 (c) 8524 (d) 5824
23)1, 4, 9, 16, 24, 25, 36
(a) 9 (b) 24 (c) 25 (d) 36
24) A man is facing east, and then he turns left and goes 10 m, then turns right and goes 5 m then goes 5 m to the South and from there 5 m to West. In which direction is to be from his original place?
(a) East (b) West (c) North (d) South
25) Given x = 2y+4 and y=kx+6 are the lines of regression of x on y and y on x respectively. Find the value of k, if value of r is 0.5
a)1/8 b)1/3 c)1/2 d)1/4
26) If coefficient of correlation rxy = 1 then
- a) Regression lines become identical b) Perfect linear co relationship is observed
c)byx = 1/bxy d) all of the above
27) If a statistics professor tells his class, “ All those who got 100 on the statistics test got 20 on the mathematics test, and all those that got 100 on mathematics test got 20 on the statististics test”, he is saying that the correltion between the statistics test and the mathematics test is
- A) negative b)positive c) zero d) none of the above
28) the following results relate to bivariate data on (x,y):
, , , , , n =30 . Later or , it was known that two pairs of observation ( 12, 11 ) and (6,8) were wrongly taken, the correct pairs of observations being ( 10, 9 ) and (8 , 10 ) . The corrected value of the correlation coefficient is
- a) 0.752 b) 0.768 c)0.846 d) 0.953
29) when r=0 then cov (x,y) is equal to
a)+1 b)-1 c)0 d)none
30) Consumer Price index number for the year 1957 was 313 with 1940 as the base year. The Average Monthly wages in 1957 of the workers in to factory be Rs. 160/- their real wages is
(a) Rs. 48.40 (b) Rs. 51.12
(c) Rs. 40.30 (d) None of these
31) . Purchasing power of money is
(a) Reciprocal of the Price Index Number. (b) Equal to price index number.
(c) Unequal to price index number. (d) None of these.
32) Which of the following methods is used to calculate the Consumer Price Index?
- a) Laspeyres’s formula b)Fisher’s formula c)Palgrave’s formula d)None of the above
33) Index number for base year is always considered as——
- 100 b.101 c. 201 d. 1000
34) Which is the best suitable measure of central tendency to construct index number?
- A.M. b. G.M c. H.M d. Median
35) . The prices of commodity in the year 2015 and 2020 were 25 and 30 respectively taking 2015 as base year the price relative is
(a) 109.8 (b) 110.25 (c) 113.25 (d) 83.33
36) Ravi left home and cycled 10 km towards South, then turned right and cycled 5 km and then again turned right and cycled 10 km. After this he turned left and cycled 10 km. How many kilometers will he have to cycle to reach his home straight?
- 10 km B. 15 km C. 20 km D. 25 km
37) If A x B means A is to the south of B; A + B means A is to the north of B; A % B means A is to the east of B; A – B means A is to the west of B; then in P % Q + R – S, S is in which direction with respect to Q?
- South-West B. South-East C. North-East D. North-West
38) Village Q is to the North of the village P. The village R is in the East of Village Q. The village S is to the left of the village P. In which direction is the village S with respect to village R?
- West B. South-West C. South D. North-West
39) Two regression lines are x + 2y – 5 = 0 & 2x + 3Y – 8 =0. If variance of y is 4 then variance of x is
- a) 12 b) 16 c) 3 / 16 d) 16 / 3
40). For a perfectly correlated variables, bxy = -0.5 then the value of byx is
- a) 2 b) -2 c) ±5 d)±
41`). If the plotted points in a scatter diagram are evenly distributed, then the correlation is
(a) Zero (b) Negative (c) Positive (d) (a) or (b)
- In calculating the Karl Pearson’s coefficient of correlation it is necessary that the data should be of numerical measurements. The statement is
(a) valid (b) not valid (c) both (d) none
- Rank correlation coefficient lies between
(a) 0 to 1 (b) –1 to +1 inclusive of these value
(c) –1 to 0 (d) both
- Under Algebraic Method we get ————— linear equations .
(a) one (b) two (c) three (d) none.
45) The Bowley’s Price index number is represented in terms of :
(a) A.M. of Laspeyre’s and Paasche’s Price index number.
(b) G.M. of Laspeyre’s and Paasche’s Price index number.
(c) A.M. of Laspeyre’s and Walsh’s price index number.
(d) None of these
- The quantity Index number using Fisher’s formula satisfies :
(a) Unit Test (b) Factor Reversal Test.
(c) Circular Test. (d) Time Reversal Test.
- Purchasing Power of Money is
(a) Reciprocal of price index number. (b) Equal to price index number.
(c) Unequal to price index number. (d) None of these.
- The price level of a country in a certain year has increased 25% over the base period. The index number is
(a) 25 (b) 125 (c) 225 (d) 2500
- Consumer Price index number for the year 1957 was 313 with 1940 as the base year 96 the Average Monthly wages in 1957 of the workers into factory be RS 160/- their real wages is
(a) 48.40 (b) 51.12 (c) 40.30 (d) None of these.
- )Pointing to a photograph, a Man said “His Mother husband’s sister is my aunt”. Then what is relation between a man and he?
(a) Son (b) Uncle (c) Nephew (d) Brother